



Can you name all the part of the skeleton? The answers are down below. No cheating! We have come to the realization that this school is different than all the others. Here are samples of the homework that Adam and Elayna have been bringing home. Zach does have homework too (I just can't seem to find it) and the majority is the same as Adam's. Keep in mind that this is for pre-school, kindergarten and 1st grade. If this keeps up the kids will be geniuses by the time they reach middle school. I really wish I had this kind of education when I was their age. All the handwriting is their own (proud sigh). Sorry for the scribbles on Elayna's math. I know not all the answers are correct but she is only 3. Along with learning the skeletal system they are also learning muscles. Elayna loves to say "look at my biceps" or "I got your gluteus maximus!" All the kids correct one another if someone does make a mistake. What better teaching tool than having them work together. After school on Friday we stayed a few minutes extra to let them buy some ice cream. The school sells a wide variety of popsicles and such after school hours and since the mess is always to much for a car we sat in the courtyard and let the kids play for a little bit. The cool thing was how many teachers were outside playing with the kids. Maybe its part of their job description but jumping rope and hula hooping seem to be an extra for everyone. Greg helped Zach jump rope while 2 teachers were swinging the rope. After about 10 jumps Greg was worn from helping Zach but the whole crowd started cheering. All the kids had turns helping turn the rope or jumping and playing with everyone. It was really a great time and I am happy they can experience that at school. It keeps them wanting to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment