30 March 2008

Little Bunny Fufu Hopping Through the Freeway


So we all know the story of Little Bunny Fufu right? Well my version is a little different. We were on the road Friday night about 3:30 am and I am at the wheel. I'm going about 70mph down the freeway just north of Page, AZ when out of no where a bohemath of a jack rabbit jumps out in front of me and sure enough I cream it. I wanted to swerve but it just wasn't possible. It was the first time I have ever hit anything. Not to mention it scared the crap out of me and Greg. I swear this thing must have been a good 30 lbs. It actually cracked the bumper and split the paint. Holy cow!!! I slowed down after that to about 35 mph just because there was so much wildlife. We saw full grown elk, white tailed deer, badgers, snakes, zillions of rabbits and a handful of large birds. It was a cool drive. We got here yesterday and left our home of 85 degrees to come to snow and freezing cold weather. We went shopping for some warmer clothes too. We didn't have any to bring and Tucson isn't selling the stuff we need. We have been recouperating from the sleep deprivation and are getting settled in nicely. The kids are enjoying their time too. I am looking forward to all the time I get to spend with family and friends. I miss the warm weather already! I will post every couple of days to increase everyones jealousy of my 3 week vacation. Love to all!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

3 week vacation!! Where are you woman! I am incredibly jealous!

Scary about the rabbit though!

Chrissy said...

So I take it that you went with Greg after all. Sounds like a long drive- glad you made it safely! Have fun!

Monique said...

You aren't missing much here...we are sweltering. :( Bring us back some snow.

Try not to run over every animal on your way back, ok?

Monique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.