
We are a family of tradition. Greg and I have many a happy memory of our childhood and want to bring those things into our children's lives. One of Greg's memories is of his dad taking him trick or treating and his mom at home making homemade doughnuts. This is the first year we have done this with our kids and it was a big hit. After we got home from trunk-or-treating Greg helped the kids get changed while I made the dough. We had the kids taking turns with the doughnut cutter to cut them out and then we would pass them to Greg for the frying who would then pass it to one of the kids for the sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar. It was a great family experience and the kids loved it. After we ate them we sat and watched Journey to the Center of the Earth. What a wonderful night!!! We have had so many doughnuts that Greg has started taking them to work and handing them out. They have been greatly appreciated among co-workers too.
1 comment:
I'll take a dozen donuts!! Sounds Yummy!!
Post a Comment